Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The best chicken...ever!!!

So, I have gotten in the habit of buying all of my meat from Whole Foods. Yes, it's a little more expensive, but I  have started to realize that it's worth the cost difference (which, in reality, isn't all that much) to ensure my family is getting meat with no freaky added hormones or antibiotics, and most importantly, isn't "tortured" like feed lot meat and poultry. I like to think that I am eating happy cows and chickens. :)
Anyway....so, they started carrying these "Skagit Red" chickens~whole, pastured chickens that are.so.good. The taste, compared to your run-of-the-mill Foster Farms~type chicken is just not even in the same league. So, anyways, if you get a chance, check out these little happy chickens. I am sure they had friends, too.

Tuesday:

5am: black coffee, 2 eggs+1 white

10am: ground turkey, homemade pasta sauce, zucchini noodles, beets, carrots, brussels sprouts
 (kosher, from Trader Joe's~also, super good....a little side note....Kosher turkey has the same or higher standards as organic)

7:30pm...The above mentioned chicken, roasted with roasted vegetables...beets, sweet potatoes, carrots, brussels sprouts, zucchini, onion, butternut squash.
*sidenote* roasted root vegetables are like candy....so good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment